Are you developing the next generation of leaders in your organization? Do you have staff ready to step in and excel when your current leaders leave?
Developing and retaining “top talent” — rising stars — should be a high priority in organizations today. Developing future leaders is an important investment. It will help your organization remain competitive, enhance engagement and overall performance, and ultimately succeed in the future.
Yet for many organizations, talent management and succession planning are left to chance; they remain a low priority. Dr. Brenda has helped private and public sector organizations implement talent management programs that include the right mix of formal training and education, on-the-job, real-time learning, and coaching and mentoring. She focuses on (1) helping organizations identify and provide special development and career enhancement opportunities to staff who have the potential to advance 2 or more levels in the organization and (2) developing groups of talented employees who are “ready” to step in and excel when needed.
To learn more about PRAXIS’ programs and/or services, contact Dr. Brenda at:
Succession Planning/Talent Management Publications and Services:
- Resource Guide – Establishing a Talent Mgt Program
- From Succession Planning to Talent Management – Court Manager Article
- Develop Succession Planning Policies and Procedures
- Identify Key Positions
- Develop competency models/define competencies for key positions
- Roll out a Program – Communicate opportunities, evaluate and select rising stars, etc.
- Conduct 360 Degree Feedback
- Develop a Mentoring Program and train mentors and coaches
- Develop Individual Development Plans